Tire fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean McDonough

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys ! I was looking at upgrading my trucks tires to something more aggressive than the off brand ATs that came with it. I've been looking around and have decided on super swamper tsl sx tires. I want to run a 35" tire, but I want to run the 15.5" wide tire because the wider the tire the more you float on the God awful ohio mud.

I was wondering about fitment since the tire is rather wide. I plan on a crank, body lift, extensive trim, offset trims and if necessary wheel spacers. I have the f44 suspension package with 9.5" 14 bolt and an extra leaf so the rear sits pretty high and the bed can be trimmed as much as necessary. So would any suspension or clearance issues pop up that would be too hard to fix ?

Would I be able to fit say 38x12.5x15 with just a 3in BL, crank, AAL, good thorough trim ( truck is rather rusty ) and some wheel spacers/offset trims? I don't want to do a suspension lift because I plan on doing an sas in the near future.

Thanks in advance

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was running a 35x12.50r16 on a t-bar crank. The rims were a 16x8 with a +18mm offset IIRC. Minor trimming on the bumper and fender. But it would still rub at full turn. Robbed a lot of power from me since I didn’t regear. Had a 3.73 in it. I’ve since ditched the 35s for 33s and sitting on a 6” lift

Sean McDonough

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was running a 35x12.50r16 on a t-bar crank. The rims were a 16x8 with a +18mm offset IIRC. Minor trimming on the bumper and fender. But it would still rub at full turn. Robbed a lot of power from me since I didn’t regear. Had a 3.73 in it. I’ve since ditched the 35s for 33s and sitting on a 6” lift
Yea I'm definitely having to regear as mine came stock with 3.42s.... but that makes me full a bit better that just with a trim and crank that 35s can fit

Sean McDonough

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the f44 suspension as well and that’s how it sits
Damn that truck looks way better than mine haha, I kinda liked the stuffed balloon look. I'm thinking if I crank and trim the rust on my fenders and a few inches on the bumper with spacers/offset wheels I think it should be fine.