time for a new welding helmet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well time to replace my speedglass 9000x that i love and had for years. looking into a new speed glass but around $400 they are just out of my price range. today i was looking at the old welding store and the guy showed me the new models and let me try a few of them out. i love the 3350 lincoln over the others. the miller was nice but $100 more for the same thing. any thoughts? i do a mix of mig/tig/ark. i love the twisted metal one they have. http://www.welders-direct.com/mm5/m...Code=WD&Product_Code=LE-3350&Category_Code=WH

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Miller Pro-Hobby... I think I paid like $180. Pretty good for everything I do.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just looked it up and it has everything i want but the viewing area. i am use to a large area and i am kinda spoiled lol.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks. it looks it will work. it has all the setting i need and Extreme lightweight shell design weighs only 6 oz. the others are like 17oz. its alittle more then the Lincoln but half the weight.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
My friend has one of those exact lincoln helmets. He has the Foose one. While it's a really good quality built helmet, and it's extremely light, it just doesn't compare to my 9100xx for me. Main thing is the head gear. Speedglas has the head gear figured out, and when you weld 70 hours a week, there's nothing more comfortable. The dark green lens shade on the Lincoln also just doesn't do it for me.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea the head gear on my 9000x is just like the new lincoln so i am use to that but would love the have the new style. the miller has the same as the speed glass. i weld a fair amount but not 70 a week. its hard for me too see paying the $400 for the speedglass even throw thats the one i want. maybe down the road someday i can. i payed $360 for the one i have now back in 05 and when doing some over head welds a large chunk of slag dropped and before i seen it. it melted through the front shield and destroyed the main screen. to replace that was the cost of a new helmet.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I haven't used any Lincoln helmets, but I have used Speedglas and Miller. There is no comparison between the two. I don't know how the Lincoln is for quality but I'd take it over the Millers.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats kinda what i have herd from a few others. the linclon is a bit more weight but they were build better.