Timbrens rear suspension blocks do they really work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1996 Silverado 1500 extended cab 4X4 I've herd of these Timbren suspension rubber blocks that help the rear end not sag out when towing I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these. I tow a camper that weighs 3700pds once I load the camper and the bed with fire wood and other supplies I'm towing right around 5k pounds I have a weight distribution setup that helps but the weigh in the bed I think is whats killing me truck sags out prity good so I thought these timbren suspension blocks would do what I need but I want to know if these really work before I spend 200bucks. thanks for the help

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
They work but the truck has to sag before they actually start working. Theyre pretty much a longer squishy bump stop. For the price, air bags would be a much better option. I think its mostly people with plows who run timbrens, and they use them in the front.

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok gotcha that was my thinking if I have to pay 200 for blocks I can sepnd an extra 100 bucks and get bags.

Blazer Eagle

Reaction score
The Timbrens work fantastically on my heavy 3/4 ton - over the rear axle. Technically they are long squishy bump stops....but so are airbags. The thing is, you never have to fuss with the timbrens - they are always ready to work. My truck was equipped with timbrens after an airbag blew and nearly toppled the truck...

Pro of the timbren - you never have to worry about them. They can't break, or need air etc. Also, if you go offroading at all, you don't have to worry about over extending an airbag when your suspension droops.

The one con of a timbren is when you carry a moderate load - one that is heavy enough to nearly engage the timbrens. Everytime you hit a bump you'll slam against the timbrens and its a little rough - just like bottoming out on your bump stops

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My main problem is the all crap I load in the bed is what is killing me like 150pds of fire wood, chairs,grill, games,cooler, bikes.so Im guessing I have 300pds of crap in the bed plus the tongue weight and I have 550pd bars on my WD setup do I need a heavier bar then maybe?

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your rear shouldn't sag if your WD system is set up properly.
Im wondering if I need a heavier load bars the ones I have are only 550pds and I believe the tongue weight of my camper is 500pds. Plus the weight of all that stuff I load in the bed. Because I've tried to load the bars harder but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I might try a set of 600 or 650lb bars before I spend 350 on airbags