Tightening up steering slop..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a ton of play in my pitman arm and I'm going to replace it myself but i have two questions.. Should I replace the idler arm as well? And the price difference between the master pro and moog parts at oriellys is huge.. is the moog one really that much better? Any advice would help with this thanks guys!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
some people love moog, i cant stand them so you know where my opinion lies. usually a good idea to do idler as well, not necesarily the bracket though.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you'd go with the master pro one for like $16? And would getting a rough country steering stabilizer help to keep the new one from breaking?

Last edited:

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
As for swapping both. I did. made a big difference. Try Rock Auto. I picked up a AC Delco Idler for my truck for $16 and the pitman arm for $12. No Complaints here.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Moog is double at O'Reilly vs RockAuto and they post discounts here, MOOG is about as good as you can get, they back the parts and if you get it done at certain shops they cover the labor. If you need to do the pitman, the idler needs replaced too, You can get the brace kit by Cognito for about $265 and install it when you replace stuff, well worth the money.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would you suggest the brace kit over over a steering stabilizer? And where can you find it for $265? I found it on their website for $290

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am thinking the stabilizer is for the lifted trucks were you get into bump steer and the big tires swaying the truck around.

You won't feel a difference with the cognito kit, but will the arms from wearing as fast especially when cranked or lifted.