Ticking noise and high rpms before shifting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys this the white '93 5.7 350 here, it's making a ticking noise from the motor and when the noise is really severe thing won't shift like it should from 2-3, or 1-2, etc. it just started a few days ago, and I check the oil and coolant, all full. Gauges read fine like they always have. I was driving normal with the noise today and pulled away from a stop sign and the son of a gun wouldn't shift up. I pulled over to assess everything and it all checked out good again. I made it home but it still had the same problem on the last 2 miles stretchy home (roughly 6miles out form where I was). What's it sound like? I took a video, gonna add a link.

LINK to it running at idle: http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/J...D-46A5-A5C8-A318A14AF569_zpsjirdtepp.mp4.html

Last edited:

tunedbytuna

Reaction score
You check your plugs? It almost sounds like it's misfiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: it's definitely the lifters. Changed my oil and oil filter to 20-50w Castrol and pf52 ac delco Filter