Those SOBs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got to work today, and saw this pretty gmt400 sitting there. The salesmen had taken it in on trade last night. K2500, 6 lug, SLT. 96k.
You must be registered for see images attach

I ran up front, and told them I would have the money by the end of the day, and that I wanted it. Went up on lunch to get a dealer plate, to test drive it... The ******** sold the damn thing right out from under me!

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that sucks man I feel for you,
same thing happened to me I went to look at a 96 C1500, traveled 45 minutes 1 way and the dealer let someone else test drive the truck 15 minutes before my appointment, waited about an hour for them to tell me if the guy bought the truck and he ended up buying it so the manager gave me $20 for my time witch just made me more angry since the salesman wouldn't even come up to me he just hid behind his computer.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I had a guy do that with a 74 Camaro I was looking at before I started driving my truck. He wanted $3500, we told him we'd give him $3700 for it. He sold it 2 hours before we were supposed to go buy it. It made me so mad. I gave him an earful

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I sell alot of car's... Money talks. I can give you a hundred stories of someone telling me they'd be back in blah blah blah and I never saw them again. Way more of those stories than I have of someone telling me they'd be back, someone else coming with money and buying it, and the first person returning angry lol.

Of course, I always tell the first person that it's going to be that way, I'm upfront about everything.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I sell alot of car's... Money talks. I can give you a hundred stories of someone telling me they'd be back in blah blah blah and I never saw them again. Way more of those stories than I have of someone telling me they'd be back, someone else coming with money and buying it, and the first person returning angry lol.

Of course, I always tell the first person that it's going to be that way, I'm upfront about everything.
The thing that got me was that he took less money than we would've given him. It was a solid, running and driving car that they had built to be a street car. It needed exhaust pipes put on and paint. I told him we would buy it because everyone had decided that it was a good car for the money

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
The thing that got me was that he took less money than we would've given him. It was a solid, running and driving car that they had built to be a street car. It needed exhaust pipes put on and paint. I told him we would buy it because everyone had decided that it was a good car for the money

You have a valid point, but to me, the guy standing there with the cash win's, that's a certainty. The guy standing in front of me with 3,500, or the guy who might come in 2 hours for 3700?

Like I said though, I would make it clear to you, that it's up for sale until you hand me money.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
kinda a jerk move but im with jr on this one.....money talks. i have been burned selling stuff in the past and been screwed over by buyers never showing up and wrecking my weekend too......the worst thing is when im sitting on a wad of cash and say i will come right now, cash in hand, dont even have to look at it, i know i want it and the seller says that " i have someone that called and is coming in three days, if he dont buy it you can come" i hate that....its the worst.
gotta be sneaky and tactical when it comes to buying toys sometimes....
but i know the feeling, heart racing, mind a blur with "ill run here at lunch then get money there and get whats his names trailer, etc....the let down sucks but now the hunt begins...

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The sad part is though, the girl that "bought it", couldn't get off of work early enough today to bring the money. She will be in tomorrow night, to pay the rest, because she put a $200 deposit down this morning. I would have had full cash in hand, ready to buy at the end of the work day. But the salesman wanted to make a buck, instead of selling it to me at employee price. Which is the reason I would never be a car salesman. Most of them will screw their grandma over, to make a buck. My girlfriend had already pulled the money out, so that she could bring it to me when she got off of work. Buy hey, it wasn't meant to be, I guess.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

For once I agree with him haha

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For once I agree with him haha
I agree completely. But like I said, the girl who "bought it" can't come in until today after work. Where I would have had the money in hand yesterday. But they wouldn't sell it to me, because she promised money today.