this might be the cause of my engine trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alright so i just ran my codes and have more then i thought,
P0102
P0131
P0151
P0135
P0141
P0155
P1870
alright guys what you think?

whoa, you've got some serious issues going on, MAF problems, slipping transmission, and the front O2 sensors. I'd be careful driving it.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
well the MAF sensor is confusing because i have like 3 spare MAF sensors and they all lead to a code, the 4 O2 sensors, id imagine that those went bad during my fuel problems when my injectors got melted and the tranny slipping code is the most concerning.....i rebuilt the tranny 1,200 miles ago and it seems to function perfect, ive been through 4 trannys in this truck and i know what a slipping tranny feels like and what to look for but there isnt any side effects?, my inspection sticker has been expired for 8 months and im trying to clean everything up so i can get it inspected but everytime i fix a code, 2 show up

The Don

Reaction score
do you reset the codes each time you make a change? or are you just replacing the part to make it go away?

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
stupid question.... have you checked the fuses? The reason I ask is I was working on a cobalt for a buddy and he had maf, iat, and o2 codes all of a sudden and the issue was a blown fuse.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
yes i delete the codes and yes i keep track of all the fuses and all are in tact, also does anyone have a ported throttle body, i had mine sent of like a year ago and had it ported and it seemed to help but i went to the yard and picked up an extra throttle body and took a dremel with some sand paper bits to it and ported the hell out of it, not it seems to be running extremely lean.....which i can see, you know more air+same amount of gas=more lean, but on the same hand, ported throttle bodies are very common and it shouldnt be an issue? what you guys think