Thermostat recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Been doing some maintenance lately and its about time I replace my thermostat, just wondering which brands you guys have found trustworthy/reliable.
AC Delco?
Stant?
Gates?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
AC DELCO or Gates, I have bad luck with several of the other brand's. Also if your parts person knows what they are doing you can get a Gates green stripe thermostat, which is stainless and work really well.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
AC DELCO or Gates, I have bad luck with several of the other brand's. Also if your parts person knows what they are doing you can get a Gates green stripe thermostat, which is stainless and work really well.

Thank you sir, I'm ordering some stuff from Rock Auto before our discount expires but I'll check out the Oreillys next to me for a green stripe first.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I just went through 4 Motorad(Murray) 195s to get one that opened later than 170. It still only gets to about 180. I'll be picking up the Mr Gasket "race only" 195 from Autozone in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it does. It is supposed to counter cooling system pressure, something that the Motorads don't do.

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agree about Motorad. Had not very good experience with STANT OEM and premium. I use OEM 195, no probs for now. Plus it has something like a pressure valve, to eleminate air from the system.