The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Quick question, having never worked on these dashes much ( im a square body man) the dash lights in my 98 dont turm on. Have power through the fuse and at the plug for the dash circuit. Any ideas would be great

Did you check the bulbs in cluster? Would be cheap to go buy some 194 bulbs and install and see if it lights up. If not maybe circuit board on cluster is burnt and you will need another cluster. Pretty cheap at junkyard. Another thing make sure little roller on head light switch is all the way up. If rolled down cluster lights will be off. Hope i helped

He pretty much nailed it with all possible issues. Easy swap for the odometer as well. If you do end up needing a cluster.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

bomboi

Reaction score
i have a issue with my interior handle/door latch front pass side, 95 RCSB. old inside handle broke so i replaced it, replaced the outside handle as well (it worked but housing was cracked). the inside handle won't open the door and i can't figure it out. i even removed the handle and just tried pulling on the rod, which still won't open the door. yes, the rod is connected to the latch and you can feel the spring tension when you pull on it. i can open the door from the outside just fine. do i need a new latch assembly or is the rod maybe screwed up somehow? figured someone may had this happen as these handles are a known issue.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Take the inner door panel off and make sure the plastic retainer isn't broken for that rod on the latch. If it its the rod can twist and cause the latch to not pop. Or the latch could be stuck as well. Gotta get in there and get a better look either way.

bomboi

Reaction score
the new handles came with new plastic clips for the rods. i literally had everything off once i couldn't get the rod to open the door... completely removed the door panel, window motor, latch and rods. its pissing me off b/c i already fixed both driver door handles without issues. if I knew it was the latch for sure id buy one but that would be a pricey gamble

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
That's nuts. I know I had to pop the rod out of my inner panel retainer or it wouldn't open the door from the inside. I'm shooting blind hoping I hit something that works for ya.

bomboi

Reaction score
yeah ik what you mean where the rods snap into grooves on the backside of the interior panel. i hate having passengers right now cuz they have to roll the window down and open the outside handle to get out lol

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
blend door/ mode door

Does anyone know how to replace this? is it simple or do I have to break apart the housing and glue it back together? and is there a write up on this anywhere? it's for my 98 extended cab. thanks for any help or advice.

Attachments

• ac155737_is.jpg
    ac155737_is.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 41

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to replace this? is it simple or do I have to break apart the housing and glue it back together? and is there a write up on this anywhere? it's for my 98 extended cab. thanks for any help or advice.
Dash has to come off and the hvac box needs to be separated. Last few I did were gmt800 truck's so I forgot how the 400's are but take a quick glance to see if it's screws or plastic spot welds/bonded area's.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
yeah ik what you mean where the rods snap into grooves on the backside of the interior panel. i hate having passengers right now cuz they have to roll the window down and open the outside handle to get out lol
On mine there's a couple plastic clip type retainers that keep the rods up against the inner panel so they don't rattle. I wish I had pics. I'll go look. My inner handle had to be pulled pretty hard to pop the latch til I get the rods out of the retainers.
Edit: are any of these broken or missing a tab?
You must be registered for see images

If I remember right the rod clips look like this or something similar to the middle one.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

bempelrey

Reaction score
Quick question i have a 91 chevy truck that has a bench seat. I want to put a 60/40 split with a center console out of a newer chevy will it work?