The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the trim panels for this type of door panel? '88 Chevy C1500. I've looked at LMC and various others, I can only find a different style.

You must be registered for see images attach

Your best bet is going to be a salvage yard, GM has discontinued those early door panels. Either that or get a set of the reproduction ones from LMC.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the trim panels for this type of door panel? '88 Chevy C1500. I've looked at LMC and various others, I can only find a different style.

Not familar with that style. Are they early 88-89 versions?
What do those missing original trim pieces look like?
Maybe possible to fab some up.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now that I look at the picture on my computer instead of my phone, those are really strange. I've never seen one with an actual door pull like that, most of them just have a notch in the arm rest. The top trim is way different, as well. Not sure what's going on.

CasperWT

Reaction score
getting ready to pull my dash for paint. can anyone tell me how big a pain in the ass it is to remove it? 1990 sierra. im hoping being older that its not as difficult as newer cars! thanks guys

LMB1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's one for you guys, is it possible to tighten up the interior door handles on an 88-94?

They open the doors fine, but they are pretty far on travel to do it.

Also, was there an OEM cup holder for the above interior with bench seats?
My dad was telling me that our 93 (I think) suburban had a cup holder, with a front bench, but my question is, was it OEM? We switched to a 99 in about 05, so my memory of that rig isn't much.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Here's one for you guys, is it possible to tighten up the interior door handles on an 88-94?

They open the doors fine, but they are pretty far on travel to do it.

Also, was there an OEM cup holder for the above interior with bench seats?
My dad was telling me that our 93 (I think) suburban had a cup holder, with a front bench, but my question is, was it OEM? We switched to a 99 in about 05, so my memory of that rig isn't much.
you can get cupholders factory. they work great and bolt onto the bottom part of the dash. you can kind of see it in this pic of my 93.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
They do work fine but you have to move it over to the right a few inches. I have one in my truck. Still need to get pics of the door panels and now the cup holder.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Here are the pictures.

First the Door Panel:

And cup holder in a Manual Transmission Truck, last picture the truck is in 5th gear: