The Center Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
DAMN Great White that is sweeeeeet!!! Is that fiberglass? I would love to be able to make something like that for mine.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Did you make the mock-up out of cardboard? Then what?

Cardboard mockup.

Covered it in tuck tape and coated it with mold release.

Fiberglassed a mold off that.

Laid up the finished piece in the mold.

Popped it out and then decided I wanted my CB mounted in it too.

Cut it up and re-glassed it.

Beaucoup body filler and sanding.

Painted it and slid it in after multiple fitting sessions.

Then came the cutting and wiring for gauges and switches.

I've got maybe around 75-100 hrs work into it total and more money than I want to think about.....

shrekmoose

Reaction score
what about 5 speed consoles? i saw the lokar shifter for the auto but i have a floor shift 4x4 and a 5 speed. got a complete grey interior to get rid of the red with the newer style leather seats, but i dont like the new style console so im going to build my own. any ideas?

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
definately in for seeing anyones pics with a manual t case with floor 4x4 shifter, i love the look of the denali/esky consoles, but they dont fit with the shifter. why YUNO make esky/denali console to fit with manual tcases!

UPDATE!!!!!! TO ALL OBS OWNERS WITH MANUAL T-CASE AND FLOOR SHIFT 4X4
HERE IS HOW YOU DO THE ESKY DENALI CONSOLE!!!! So excited to find this. if i find a esky console im definately going to try this

http://www.cruizers.org/console.html

Last edited: