The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
Alright, another dumb question but what is an AAL lift? I see it on your sig and would that be something to look at for a nice lift? my main want is to fit 35's on my truck

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I was looking at PA or Zone, people have good things to say about both so that's a little reassuring! If i go this route, Grade 8 body mount bolts will be used in place of the supplied zinc grade 5 bolts though.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are droop stops the same as bump stops? cause i feel like a total idiot not knowing what im looking for exactly, i will google it lol

Yes, the way they are set up the one for the uppers limits downward travel of the suspension or droop. The one on the lowers limits the upward travel or compression.

This is why your truck rides bad. By cranking it so high you reduced the downward travel of the suspension an put the upper a arm closer to it's stop. I would be willing to bet on a large enough bump the arm is hitting that stop, or your shock is bottoming out. Either is bad, an if it's the shock it won't last long....

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i cleared 35s stock but i wouldnt reccomend it 3 inch body lift 2 inch block and crank to level will clear 36s a guy on the fourm here did it username squeaky3

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
Is there any way i can tell if i have the AAL? cause i have i think 6 leaf springs which doesnt sound normal for these trucks

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Yes, the way they are set up the one for the uppers limits downward travel of the suspension our droop. The one on the lowers limits the upward travel or compression.

This is why your truck rides bad. By cranking it so high you reduced the downward travel of the suspension an put the upper a arm closer to it's stop. I would be willing to bet on a large enough bump the arm is hitting that stop, or your shock is bottoming out. Either is bad, an if it's the shock it won't last long....

blew 2 out and bend the bumpstops on my 98 its now decranked some

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
Alright so most likely i have AAL, alright sweet. 3" plus the block / little crank should get me to 35's. Yeah i like squeeky3's truck. I want the same type design with tow mirrors and everything it looks nice. Well not exact same, have my own style to it xD

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I was looking at PA or Zone, people have good things to say about both so that's a little reassuring! If i go this route, Grade 8 body mount bolts will be used in place of the supplied zinc grade 5 bolts though.

When you do that make sure the bolts have 10.9 marked on them. That is grade 8 equivalent in metric. A metric bolt with 8.8 on it is a grade 5....