The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
If you're talking about a steering shaft extension, I didn't need it and the guy who sold me the body lift didn't run one on his 98 either, but I think the earlier trucks do need them. The steering column doesn't need to be modified at all

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the shaft extension comes in the kit and IMO means it needs to be used, but some do not, they say it has enough room to move down on it's own.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Would any one know which front bumper valance i should get with a 3 in bl? I dont want to cut anything at all.

If you get the normal 4x4 valance and flip the tow hooks it will work.

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
Alright im not real knowledgeable on lifts, but i have a 98 chevy k1500 extended cab short bed, it has a 4 inch lift on front and back (at least so im told) i clear 33's no prob (i rub on my 13.50 in the front) but i was looking at getting a 2 inch body lift. Do i need to extend my lines or worry about anything else major? I have a custom bumper (about 400lbs) that makes a ranch hand look wimpy. But anyways, anything really needed to be done when i put it on? and could i clear 35's with about a 10 inch width? Thanks!

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With just the 2" body lift nothing else needs to be extended, you can get away with just putting the blocks in. Post a pic of your truck and we can see if you have an actual suspension lift. If so clearing 35's shouldnt be a problem.