Terrick down Under

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
G'day everyone. I have been reading thru a lot of threads here and find them all very interesting and love the different outlooks and styles that come along.
Just added a couple of pics to AussieGMC3500 and thought best I put up one of my own.
First one is "Dually" the 93 CCLBD 7.4, 4L80E, Goose. Bought it about 11 years ago with under 100k on it, now has over 425k on the clock and starting to get a little bit tired. It is mainly for our Slideon (truck camper) so we can get away when possible.

You must be registered for see images attach

Next came "Lil" 98 GMC RCLB, 5.7, 4L80E, stock. We picked up this one from American Used and drove it home. It took $4000, and a lot of work top get it up to NSW rego standards and keep it running. Everything just wore out in the first 6 months we had it. Now it is a great daily work vehicle.

Last is "No 3". its a 97 RC tray back, 6.5TD, 4L80E. Bought as a burnout wreck. Because it has bucket seats, electric windows, electric mirrors, rebuilt rear end, rear camper sway bar, good Hummer wheels and a few other parts we have been looking for. Originally we were going to strip it and do some upgrade to the others, but when cleaning it out we found all the compliance plates so it became viable to b=rebuild back to a work vehicle with ground clearance.
Needles to say I did not pay what was on the window.

Last edited:

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some nice lookin trucks, cool to see some of these from other parts of the world

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys, good bunch on here so far.
I like working on cars and pickups, all mine have to be worked on at some time or another because they get driven. Most of the others here Downunder would know about how much we get ripped off with marked up prices by the time we get them.
Mostly it is locals trying to scalp the market.
The dually has had a bit of work done to it, Has a 3/4 drop without a notch. Its dual fuel ( LPG and pump gas) 7.4 TBI. so far over the last 425k it has had a distributor and a set of valve cover gaskets. But it has eaten $7000AUD in 4L80E repairs. Just about on top of it now. Have started to look at rebuilding the motor, punching it out a bit while I'm there.
The LPG tanks are where the spare is supposed to be, I run it because it is a lot cheaper to run on a daily basis.