Terminal ending!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What series of metri-pack terminals did GM use for the various connectors in the harnesses? I'm wiring in the DRAC,radio and 91 instrument panel. I'm installing aftermarket gauges but still using a portion of the original circuit board. The VSS and cruise wires are going to get pulled from the connector and routed the the stand alone DRAC and the speedo wire(actually RWAL) back to the cluster connector. This speedo has a 4000 PPM minimum so I have to use the RWAL output. The hi beam indicator light wire is getting moved to the up shift light terminal and and changing that window in the panel. The gauges have their own illumination but I am still using one of the original 191 sockets to light up the PRuNDL,I have to reposition that socket. With all thismoving and changing I'd just as soon not have do a bunch of splicing,soldering and heat shrinking.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been in a lot of dashes that were full of this kind, lol just messin. WAS wanting to say Packard but after looking not so sure, Tons of offshore stuff has infiltrated that market

If doing both sides of the plug I usually go with Deutsche as I usually have some stuff laying around I've clipped off salvage or other stuff and have pins laying around.

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you look in the service manual section 8 , along with the wire diagrams, is a page listing the page and illustration for connector views.
" Connector xxxxx used for , blah, blah, blah. As same connector part used in other circuits.
The GM part numbers are listed in these illustrations. Some have changed. Packard/ Delphi , the connector division now owned by " Aptiv ". GM, Packard, Delphi, ACDelco used 99% the same part numbers. There is a lot of connectors, different numbers, I recommend using the OE service manual.
Good luck!

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been in a lot of dashes that were full of this kind, lol just messin. WAS wanting to say Packard but after looking not so sure, Tons of offshore stuff has infiltrated that market

If doing both sides of the plug I usually go with Deutsche as I usually have some stuff laying around I've clipped off salvage or other stuff and have pins laying around.
That's not even funny. Those things have been the ruination of many a wire harness,mostly trailers.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look in the service manual section 8 , along with the wire diagrams, is a page listing the page and illustration for connector views.
" Connector xxxxx used for , blah, blah, blah. As same connector part used in other circuits.
The GM part numbers are listed in these illustrations. Some have changed. Packard/ Delphi , the connector division now owned by " Aptiv ". GM, Packard, Delphi, ACDelco used 99% the same part numbers. There is a lot of connectors, different numbers, I recommend using the OE service manual.
Good luck!
Thanks! Where is a good source for these terminal ends? Every time I walk into the chevy dealer they tell me my truck is too old and they don't carry parts for it anymore.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I've got it figured out. These are Delphi micro pack series 100. Seems GM used these on the ECU,radio and DRAC. I found the female terminals on evilbay and bought an aftermarket radio adapter for the male terminals. The radio adapter will be handy if I change radios in the future. The S-10 I bought had a pretty new looking Kenwood radio/CD in it,hopefully it works!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you do a PDF search you can find the original Packard / Delphi catalog to download. So a great majority of the part numbers for male or female connectors in weatherpack , metripack are GM, ACDelco, Aptiv.
GM not a lot stocked anymore, still a part number source.
ACDelco more part support, it's there thing, pigtails yep.
Aptiv catalog is good, since they now own the connector division. I have gotten a lot off Amazon, seals and terminals.
A supplier, "Crimp Supply" off Amazon.
Good luck.