TBI - TPI - Multi-Port EFI Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Before I get started, to all the LS guys that are going to tell me I would be better off just doing an LS swap... I know, thank you. I like working on the older stuff. It is more fun to me. So please don't tell me the benefits to an LS swap again. I got it.

Now my first question is has anyone done a TBI to TPI conversion on there truck? I the third gen guys do it all the time. If you have done it what kind of power/MPG changes did you see? Is it as easy as the third gen guys make it out to be?

Also I found this --> http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/multi-port-retro-fit-ez-efir-base-kithtml/
It will turn a TPI in to Multi-Port EFI. dose any one have any experience with it?

Stokes1114

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year truck? Depending on your ecm or pcm you can do the swap with the factory computer. Ppl don't understand how robust some of the factory pcms are. You will need to get tuning software and equipment and learn the basics, but it's not as bad as most make it out. Never get a mail order tune aka chip.

Reaction score
What year truck? Depending on your ecm or pcm you can do the swap with the factory computer. Ppl don't understand how robust some of the factory pcms are. You will need to get tuning software and equipment and learn the basics, but it's not as bad as most make it out. Never get a mail order tune aka chip.
it is a 94

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/tbi-to-tpi-conversion-mpfi.39486/
all details inside
and fuelairspark.com, people on another board were laughing at it, and it make sense, that its a scam
Thanks for the link but how is the Fast a scam?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Flash EBL is another option IIRC. TPI swap if fairly well documented and not all that bad to do. Don't expect great low end or top end, it shines in the midrange.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the EBL, and though i dont have MPEFI yet, I know its possible to do. BTW, I love the EBL, the learning curve is somewhat steep, but its worth it. Ive gotten as hi as 25mpg on the highway with just my TBI. Well, a couple other mods, but not too many....:)

MarkZ28

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing youre looking for fuel mileage because stock tpi runs out of breath at 4500 rpm, and that was on a 305.

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Watching this thread. I'm interested in the same thing. Got a 1995 TBI 454, would love to go With some kind of port FI when I clean her up.

Would also be into learning some basic tuning software, don't really know where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk