TBI Spectra distributor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84cj

Reaction score
Along with my 97 GMC, I have a TBI 350 in my Jeep CJ. The ignition module crapped out on me, towed home. Replaced it, ran good for about 12 miles and crapped out the new one. Figured the coil pickup was bad, decided to replace the whole distributor, the only one I could find in short order was a Spectra from the local parts store. My question is, how good (or bad) are these Spectra distributors? Do the ICM last?

The wires on my old distributor was burnt and chafed thru. My plan was to rebuild my old distributor for a spare. The magnet/pickup disintegrated while trying to remove the shaft from the housing and bushings came out, junk.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I personally havent had any good luck with spectra parts, In my opinion, their garbage. the best luck ive had with a TBI distributor is on Rock auto. they have distributors they actually test before they sell them, it was a cardone select that I got.

Last edited:

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Have a look at United Motor Products for a distributor. Rock auto carries them, they are NEW, made in Ohio, and are under $90.00 complete with a cap and rotor. Part number 9366

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Stay away from parts store ignition parts PERIOD. They're all as reliable as that ICM was.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put a united motor products tune up kit (cap, rotor, wires) on my tbi 350 and I really like them. Rock auto sells their parts and they are reasonably priced.