TBI shaft bushes on 93 454.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
G'day everyone.
Well today I was trying to reduce the flat spot just off idle in my dually. Have since found that the throttle shaft bushes in the TBI are really worn. They are that bad that they rattle.
So my question is…Where can I get a "kit to ream and bush the housing" from......a big TIA.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about a "Kit", but my machinist uses thinwalll bronze valve guide inserts as throttle body bushings. Cut to length, slight press-fit, install with threadlocker to keep them in position.

If you had a lathe--or know someone with a lathe--you'd buy a long drill bit the correct size for the OD of the bushing, then reduce the front of the bit to the OD of the original hole, so the front of the bit acts as a pilot.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Schurkey, I was starting to think along that same avenue. Apparently Quadrajet bushes are the same...
So I have got to measure the shaft and see what diameter it is. This means pulling the Air filter and the LPG mixer off again to measure it, silly of me not to do that while I had it apart the other day.