Tbi ac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edited because I'm still working on my first cup of coffee, which means that not only can I not see colors yet, but my thought processes aren't appropriately engaged.

Last edited:

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you put a R134a specific cycling switch?
System was already converted to 134 before i got it. Switch was never changed, but I know it cuts out at 20psi. When I take off the high and low side fitting protectors I can swear I hear a small release of pressure. I'm wondering of the valves are slowly leaking because it was properly charged last summer.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I got another 12oz can today hopefully that should do the trick. Supposed to 90f around lunch and gonna try it then.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So ambient was 88, humidity was 60ish. Before charge was 20/150ish. After a full 12oz can it was 30/190. Vent temp was 60ish. Apparently I have a slow leak and may need at least another half can. 60f I can live with lol but I know it ain't perfect. Compressor stayed running and sounded like it ran more quietly than before. Chart says my pressure are way lower. And vent temp is way higher than expected. ‍♂️
You must be registered for see images attach

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Driving down hwy gets about to 56f vent temp. Sitting in 90+ weather for about 20 min in school line the coolant temp climbed from normally 190 to about 210 and pretty much stopped blowing cold all together until I got back to driving. Assuming this is still normal undercharged situation?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting in 90+ weather for about 20 min in school line the coolant temp climbed from normally 190 to about 210 and pretty much stopped blowing cold all together until I got back to driving. Assuming this is still normal undercharged situation?
Or, your engine fan isn't pulling enough air through the condenser. I upgraded mine to the 11 blade fan which helped quite a bit. Maybe add a pusher fan? Are you running a parallel flow condenser? That'll help too.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or, your engine fan isn't pulling enough air through the condenser. I upgraded mine to the 11 blade fan which helped quite a bit. Maybe add a pusher fan? Are you running a parallel flow condenser? That'll help too.
I saw a thread about the 11 blade fan. I bought a cheaper condensor from rock auto last summer. Not sure style it is, just remember it being a UAC about around 80$

What's a pusher fan?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw a thread about the 11 blade fan. I bought a cheaper condensor from rock auto last summer. Not sure style it is, just remember it being a UAC about around 80$

What's a pusher fan?
Its an electric fan that mounts behind the grille and pushes air into the condenser. My 99 Tahoe came with one from the factory.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looked back in email and it is a UAC parallel condensor...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf