TBI 350 rough idle help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daturbosix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
just put in all delco plugs/wires/cap/rotor
they were horrible!

but my stumble and rough idle hasnt changed

what else should i check out or replace?

it is literally 100% stock.

rcb1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the stumble and poor idle is significant and it was fine before, my guess would be either transposed wires or a bad wire. Check the firing order first. My brother in law was having a bad idle and rough running issue. He assured he got the plugs on right but when I got to his place and I looked, he had two cylinders crossed.

My next stop if this was going on before would be your vacuum hoses and your map sensor.

daturbosix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any codes? Fuel filter good? Which engine do you have? Vacuum lines all good (to brake booster, PCV, etc.)?

We need more info to help...
no lights are on.
the fuel filter looks rather "newish"
i have the 350 in my truck
no vacuum leaks that i could find.. i was spraying carb cleaner over them with no reaction.

daturbosix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the stumble and poor idle is significant and it was fine before, my guess would be either transposed wires or a bad wire. Check the firing order first. My brother in law was having a bad idle and rough running issue. He assured he got the plugs on right but when I got to his place and I looked, he had two cylinders crossed.

My next stop if this was going on before would be your vacuum hoses and your map sensor.
it had a poor idle and stumble before too.. thats why i dove into the ignition parts and was relived when i found that they were all crap! lol.. but after replacement, nothing changed in that aspect.

the firing order is correct. i checked it like 18 times, and had a friend and my father check too just for another set of eyes.

rcb1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, then vacuum lines and map sensor. There is also the idle port that can get dirty causing idle problems. Some carb cleaner can help but usually it's best to remove it for cleaning.

While not as simple as older engines, it's not as bad as new ones as far as all the possible systems it could be.

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the dampener door on the air cleaner assembly I had a similar deal with my 95 . The door was stuck close position so it was trying to pull all its air off the exhaust manifold

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
I would check the tps for proper function and may be check the gaskets and overall look of the TBI unit itself. I had a similar problem and did a TBI rebuild and clean up took care of the problem. Hope it helps