Talk me into, or out of, it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Dunno why it took me a couple weeks to get around to it but I dropped the truck back off at the transmission shop today. My buddy assured me they'll take care of everything.. I showed him the video I took where you can hear the noise on decel in 5th.

Next up maybe I'll have some time soon to mess around with this used dashboard I'm thinking about.. maybe.. should I fix it up and install it, or... ugh.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tearing the spare dash down to get ready to do some repairs to it, then clean, prep, and paint.

You must be registered for see images attach

And for those of you that haven't torn one down to this level (first 88-94 style that I have) - the L shaped trim pieces as well as the far right dash vent are in vinyl surrounds. They're kind of hard, but still a vinyl-like material, not plastic.

Now I've got a spare 92-94 dash cluster connector, DRAC connector, some dash wiring (was cut off before the firewall unfortunately) and a DRAC from a '94 auto w/3.42's and 265/75/16 tires from factory. Could be useful for someone doing a 88-91 to 92-94 cluster swap!

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Richard, any word on the transmission? I’m worried I might put some miles on mine before yours gets back from the shop!
They got "busy" ... I reminded them I dropped it off THREE WEEKS AGO. I knew I shouldn't have trusted it when it initially got back to me so quickly.

I'm worried we'll be in full-blown Summer before I'm driving it again and the next delay will be me fixing the A/C.

Richard