Tailgate Badge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my Chev tailgate badge thing is corroding and generally looks like ass. Is it hard to take off??? Can it be taken off without damaging the tailgate too bad. Im thinking of getting a newer Chev decal like the newer truck,
thanks guys

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well mine came off very easy, i didnt do anything and just peeled it right off and all adhesive came with it. I cleaned it up with some wd 40, little clay and wax and it was fine. But it can vary from truck to truck. As you can see in my sig i decided to replace mine with a new one.

right after pulling

You must be registered for see images attach

adhesive that stayed on the back

You must be registered for see images attach

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people like the banner on the trucks, most people prefer the tailgate to be badgeless. My truck is almost entirely debadged except for the SLE badges on the C pillars, but that's just how I like it.

:imo: take it off and if you really wanna put a Chevy badge back on the tailgate, get a smaller one from a 97+

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some people like the banner on the trucks, most people prefer the tailgate to be badgeless. My truck is almost entirely debadged except for the SLE badges on the C pillars, but that's just how I like it.

:imo: take it off and if you really wanna put a Chevy badge back on the tailgate, get a smaller one from a 97+
Is that just the small one that goes on the corner of the tailgate???

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that just the small one that goes on the corner of the tailgate???

Correct

attachment.php

Last edited:

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I got the ugly 88-91 GMC tailgate that someone put on my 98, it don't have the metal band but it has the big ugly GMC right square in the middle. I would take them off but they are riveted? to the tailgate. I can't afford a new tailgate so I'm gonna paint up the letters to customize them a little and make em less hideous.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the ugly 88-91 GMC tailgate that someone put on my 98, it don't have the metal band but it has the big ugly GMC right square in the middle. I would take them off but they are riveted? to the tailgate. I can't afford a new tailgate so I'm gonna paint up the letters to customize them a little and make em less hideous.

I don't believe any of the GMT400 badges were rivited on. They should all be put on with adhesive. Double check it man, you should be able to peel them off.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Man I wish they were just held on by adhesive, I tried to take them off the day I bought it and seen the screws or rivets holding them on.