Tail lights with no circuit board.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I came across these tail lights I should be getting mine in on Friday. Ill let you know what bulbs they take since I cant find anything on the bulbs. The lights take the twist in socket not the circuit board. Anybody running these? Your Thoughts?
ANZO 211140
You must be registered for see images attach

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got mine from amazon Summit, Jegs, Ebay, Amazon, etc. Just google Anzo 211140 and 100's of sites will come up to buy them from.

BoxerPitMix, what type of bulbs do these lights take? The bulb type is the only thing about these I haven't been able to find. I don't have mine in hand yet but I was going to go the same route as you with the led reverse lights.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had them for a little while, fit wasn't too great on my black '94 but they weren't horrible. What made me bail on them is I run full LED bulb replacements and the brake/tail bulbs don't center in the housings, and looked really funky with my LED's. Not so obvious with regular bulbs.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run these exact lights in both of my trucks and love them. They take the same bulbs as the factory lights on my 97s, although I'm pretty sure you can use single filament if you want to, at least on the top bulbs. I actually paid a body shop to smoke the red portion of the lenses on the pair on my red truck, kind of the opposite of BoxerPitMix's unmodified set with the smoked reverse lenses. Gotten a lot of complements, and a lot of people asking me where I got them.

You must be registered for see images

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll like them. One word of advice though, the bulbs that come in them are garbage. I had two of them blow out on me within a couple weeks of putting the tails in my Suburban, after the second I said screw it and replaced the rest of them with some nice Sylvanias. I replaced all of them in the set on my red truck as soon as they came out of the box.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good thinkin df2x4, When I got my new headlight set (headlights, blinkers, and clear corners) I took the bulbs out of my old housings because they were only a month old and they were stupid expensice for halogen bulbs. But when I pulled the new bulbs out of the new headlights the filament on one was broke already.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I got mine from amazon Summit, Jegs, Ebay, Amazon, etc. Just google Anzo 211140 and 100's of sites will come up to buy them from.

BoxerPitMix, what type of bulbs do these lights take? The bulb type is the only thing about these I haven't been able to find. I don't have mine in hand yet but I was going to go the same route as you with the led reverse lights.

I think these are the ones I bought for my reverse lights... I wasn't really expecting much since they were so cheap, but the housing is metal and they've lasted over a year so far. They are very bright.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-3157-Whi...lbs-/291229573189?hash=item43cea2a045&vxp=mtr

I'm sure you'll like them. One word of advice though, the bulbs that come in them are garbage. I had two of them blow out on me within a couple weeks of putting the tails in my Suburban, after the second I said screw it and replaced the rest of them with some nice Sylvanias. I replaced all of them in the set on my red truck as soon as they came out of the box.

x2!! I replaced 2 of mine within the first couple months.