Tahoe Limited seat wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyotey1693

Reaction score
I picked up a set of seats out of a Tahoe limited for my truck. I got all of the motors to work but cant seem to make the seat heaters fire. Does anyone have a diagram or the ability to tell me what I am doing wrong?

The drivers seat has 4 wires coming out of it large orange wire for power, black for ground. Those 2 alone get me full function of all of the seat motors. I assume the other 2 (small orange and small brown) are for the heater but I tried giving them power but it never warmed up.

The passenger seat has all the same wires but also has a small yellow one included in the mix. All of the motors work it as well but still no heater. Even tried giving the yellow one power but not dice.

Any advice?

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any chance u can grab me the center caps & screws..? Ill post up pictures of the wiring and wat not in a couple hours stand by...

kyotey1693

Reaction score
I would have been happy to but they were already pulled out. I picked them up at a local salvage. I still need to pick up a few other things so I can ask when I get back up there in a few days if you're interested. I would greatly appreciate some pics or diagrams of the wiring if you have it.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry bratha, completely slipped my mind... Ill get on this asap..! And if u can score me sum center caps i would greatly appreciate it...

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Kyotey so i lookd at my seat harness and could really come up with any thing u didnt already post... But my suggestion is to take those other wires for the seat warmers and tap them on to a keyd ignition power source... U could tap the cig lighter wires... But if u leave the heater switched to one of the on positions like med or high then they will still stay on even though the truck is not running... Since the cig lighter is constantly on... Hope this helps if not ill find some time to remove my seat and track those wires down....

kyotey1693

Reaction score
I havent been back to the salvagae to check on caps yet but I have to go back soon for seat belts and some hvac knobs for my TA. Man I have tried every combination of power and ground to the wires coming out of the seats and still no heat. I have found some pretty limited info about the limiteds. Supposedly they are the only trucks that gm actually put the heater control module in the seat as opposed to the door like all the rest. That being said, I'm still not any closer to figuring out how to make the heaters fire. :(

kyotey1693

Reaction score
Hey man I stopped by the salvage today and had no luck on the center caps. He said he rarely sees a limited come in. Sorry bud

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kyotey1963, know this is an old thread, but the drivers side warmer may not work. I had my limited since new and the drivers side haven't worked in over 7 years, but the passenger side still works when seat belt is on.

kyotey1693

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I actually got the drivers seat to work once I installed it. I think I wasnt getting a good ground on the chassis of the seat when it was in the floor of my garage. The passenger side still wont fire though. From all of the other reading I have done it sounds like it must be the element under the seat. I will replace it when I have some new inserts sewn in.