Switching 90 front end for 97??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
The only difference is the grille itself, filler panel below the grille, and corner markers but it will all bolt in like your early 90s clip

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the heat, its almost unbearable. Truck will look a lot better with the newer grille IMO. What color's are the two trucks?

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Dude, the swap is a cake walk, if your old core support is still in good shape, you don't even have to swap it out, everything will bolt right up. If you have to change the core support, the two bolts that mount the core to the frame will be your toughest part of the swap.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The metal will swap right over but 97's have composite headlights so if I remember correctly you'll have to use the 97's composite light harness with those headlights.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
The metal will swap right over but 97's have composite headlights so if I remember correctly you'll have to use the 97's composite light harness with those headlights.

:High 5: I forgot about that, yeah you'll need to splice the harness in also

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
If the headlights are the same, you don't need to switch the harnesses over. You'd only have to do that if the 90 is a W/T model or it has the quad sealed beam headlights.

PB Blaster and the impact gun will take care of those two bolts fairly easily, I just mentioned the difficulty of removing them from my previous junkyard adventures, you know the type... pick your own part but you are only allowed hand tools.

Good luck, keep us updated!