Swaping grills from GMC to Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
I know the corner lights are different . IS there a difference in corner lights, 88-94 to 95-98?
Ive always wanted a chevy grill. I purchase a 94-98 halo kit for a chevy , found out the corners are different. So now im forced to buy a chevy grill , not that I mind . Just want to make sure while im at the junkyard tomorrow I get the correct one. Im getting ready to paint the truck and would like to do this once.
If it maters I have a 97 yukon.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IS there a difference in corner lights, 88-94 to 95-98?

Yes. 88-94 and 95-99 do not interchange.

I'm assuming you're talking about the composite grille style with the four corner lights and headlight housings with removable bulbs? There were a few different styles of Chevy grille in your year range but I've never seen a Yukon with a W/T grille or any of the lower trim level grilles, hence my assumption.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What about 88-93 chevy corner lights and 94-98 gmc ones?

Once again, nope. No interchange there. None of the Chevy corners will fit a GMC grille and vice versa.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Yes. 88-94 and 95-99 do not interchange.

I'm assuming you're talking about the composite grille style with the four corner lights and headlight housings with removable bulbs? There were a few different styles of Chevy grille in your year range but I've never seen a Yukon with a W/T grille or any of the lower trim level grilles, hence my assumption.

Yes the four corner lights . I didnt know there where different grilles . Im spraying my suv ( after I finish my intercooler piping) to color match the grille . Is one better than the other? Do you have a link to a few different ones ? Besides chrome no chrome they all look the same.
I included a link to the light set I grabbed. Fitment was really good. I did have to shave my radiator support core.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291429350714?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This should give you a better idea of the different grille styles that were available over the years.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/t.aspx?Page=78

Different variations on the W/T grille, composites with dual and quad corner lenses, paint to match composite grilles like what came on the Sport/454SS trucks, etc.

Grilles from different year ranges and headlight styles can be made to fit your truck, but IIRC you have to change some other pieces as well to make it work. Someone else can elaborate further on that I'm sure.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I literally always f*ck that up...

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
This should give you a better idea of the different grille styles that were available over the years.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/t.aspx?Page=78

Different variations on the W/T grille, composites with dual and quad corner lenses, paint to match composite grilles like what came on the Sport/454SS trucks, etc.

Grilles from different year ranges and headlight styles can be made to fit your truck, but IIRC you have to change some other pieces as well to make it work. Someone else can elaborate further on that I'm sure.
Thanks for the link.
I read as long as you stay in your year range, the bumper valance will bolt right up to the chevy grill that im thinking of.If some one knows different speak now please. Link bottom right second one up. Thats what ill most likely go with . Where do you get a SS grille? Those look sweet I seen one in another thread Iv been missing allot huh..
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=79

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The one you're talking about is a Sport grille. The 454SS was only produced until 93 so they used the older style, top right second one down in the link you posted. You are correct though, if you buy something for your year range you're good to go.

One more thing regarding the LMC grilles though... Look closely at the one you're thinking about getting, then look at the $500 OEM one right under it. Notice how the bowtie mounting point has less plastic on the top and bottom on the reproduction grille? May not bother you but they look weird to me. I'd probably stick to OEM if I were you. Just posted the LMC link for the sake of comparison.