Swap Inquiry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave5180

Reaction score
I have a 95 rcsb, 5.7l with a 5 speed manual. I have come across the deal of a lifetime, a free 6.0l and 4l80e, all I have to do is pull them out myself which is no big deal. My problem is that I am an OTR truck driver, and I work for 6 weeks straight then take 3 days off, so doing the swap myself is out of the question as this is my only vehicle, and I can't have it down for longer than necessary. My question is, assuming I can even find a shop willing to do the swap for me, and I provided them with all the required parts, how much do you guys think that bill would be?

bigdane36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I don't care who it is I don't think anyone's getting that swap done in three days seems kinda risky to me

Dave5180

Reaction score
I dont need the swap done in three days, three days is all the time off i have, I am gone for 6 weeks at a time, that is the time frame I would need it done in. 99Sierra4X4, what variables are you thinking? There are plenty of complete parts lists out there for these swaps, if I provided everything needed I dont think there could be many unknowns...but I have been wrong before.