Suspension Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiedude

Reaction score
The frame on my '96 K2500 8-lug had the rustout in most of the typical places. I found good K1500 frame I understand the frame isn't as thick but I no longer use this truck for any heavy towing or off roading. I want to retain the 8lug axles and front diff. In the past I just did the "torsion bar twist" to level the truck and was happy with all but the cv angles. The ride never really bothered me.
Now as I begin to put this back together I want to address the CV Joints.
I am not really looking to lift a lot more to level it. I know there has been some discussion of the Skyjacker c256k to drop the front diff but they have no kit listed for the 8 lug truck.
The only real reason I want to use this kit is level out the CV Joint angle.
Will the spindles from my 8 lug fit the control arms of this kit?

What I want to do is use the forged lower control arms and 8 lug spindles with the c256k upper control arms with my K2500 torsion bars. If needed I have the torsion bars and lower stamped control arms from the K1500 and will use them.
I guess next question then becomes if I use the upper and lower k1500 control arms will I be able to retain my 8 lug spindles?

I'm not really looking for a big lift and don't want to do a body lift.

Last edited: