suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey i replaced my upper ball joints 2nd time now went with moog parts this time lol. I also replaced my right side tie rod end and finally installed my sway bar. Previous owner left it loose un attached. Well after all that it looks as if it has toe in and the front end sits like its binding up like the tires are resting on the out sides. Would the pressure from the sway bar push down on the lower control arms and do this? It may not actually have toe in but being the top of the wheels are being pushed out and lowers are being pushed in it may cause this. The truck has a 6.5 dick cepek and 3 inch body lift on 37s with the bars cranked up it sits bull dog a bit. basically if i drove it far it would prolly eat up the out side of the tires. Previous issue i had with it was when i turned the wheels would lean in hard and look scary. Was trying to solve this issue. Working on finding a alignment shop that can work with that size tire but truck drives as straight as ever still.

thanks for any info google didn't help much. Tie rod was put on exactly the same turns as the old one came off on.

Last edited:

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What he said, your sway bar does not push on anything but rather counter acts a transfer in vehicle weight or force. (turn to the left, vehicle sways right, the sway bar limits the body roll. other than that, the sway bar just sits there and does nothing.

When aligning these trucks, my understanding is that the first thing the tech is supposed to do is set the ride height to address camber, from you description sounds like you have positive camber. Cranking your torsion bars will do this, your old junk ball joints probably masked this appearence.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Defintly needs an allignment. Also check the upper control arm bushings, if they are loose it can cause tires to lean.
x2 my Upper control arm bushings wore out and caused the same thing to happen! it looked bad. Replaced the bushings about 8000 miles ago with NAPA ones that were like 30 bucks. They are damn near toasted already with only one offroading trail ride and some mudding. NAPA makes bad bushings, learned my lesson. Stock bushings simply are not strong enough and get squished so bad the rubber pops out. I am so pissed. Just dont want you to make the same mistake.

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't been on the computer in a while do to work and stuff, but since i started this thread ive replaced... the upper ball joints, lower ball joints, both cv axles both front hubs and both tie rod ends. The only thing i haven't replaced is the upper control arm bushings and lower control arm bushings. The truck still leans the wheels in hard when i turn feels and looks horrible. When turning it leans so hard that both tires leave only a inch or less of tire contact on the pavement, looks as if the wheel will snap off. What kind of control arm bushings is everyone using? and think this will be the final straw? thanks and sorry for the late response.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Sounds mostly like an alignment problem.

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had it aligned a few weeks back it was a basic alignment. They made no comments about the front wheels folding in when turning. If i turn left the top of the left wheel folds out leaving about a inch of the outside tire left on the pavement if i turn right the right the right top of the tire folds out leaving only a inch of the tire on pavement. It looks really bad and feels bad makes it easy to over correct when turning

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I just did the same thing. All you need is an alignment.