summit cam or edlebrock cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im sure this has been asked before, but i didnt seem to find anything searching this part of the forum about summit cams. are they ok as far as quality? the 90 bucks for cam and lifters seems a little on the cheap side. if the summit cams are junk i was thinking about going with an edlebrock kit part number edl-2162. i talked to the guy over at TBI chips and he told me what cam i should get but im just not sure of the quality of the summit one vs the edlebrock.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a summit cam kit in my 78, it's been fine. Just use a zinc additives during break in an follow the proper procedures an it will do fine.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has been several years but it used to be that the summit cams and the trickflow cams were the same. Also the summit timing chains were made by cloyes.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
There are tons of GM truck guys running summit cams with no issues.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
It has been several years but it used to be that the summit cams and the trickflow cams were the same. Also the summit timing chains were made by cloyes.

Summit owns Trickflow. I have ordered several Summit brand parts though and they show up to the house as actual brands... happened with several airfilters and exhaust parts I've ordered.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez