Suburban Vibration at 65

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Diablo

Reaction score
If this is the wrong section please move.
97 suburban just had the front end rebuilt maybe 6 months ago new tires on back(Goodyear duratracs) also just had a alignment
Then the vibration started starts at 65 then gets worse at 70 75 feels like the trucks going to fall apart around me. Had a friend that knows these trucks look at it. He said alignment was out but everything up front felt nice and tight also said it felt more like a tire the front tires are brand new but the truck sat on them(parked) for a year.
Ideas??

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He said alignment was out but everything up front felt nice and tight also said it felt more like a tire the front tires are brand new but the truck sat on them(parked) for a year.
Ideas??

That could be it right there. Sorry to say but a year is a really long time to leave a vehicle sitting on it's tires without moving. You might have flat spots in your tires.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plus 1 on what df2X4 says. I park my Mustang convert every winter, and I put it on four axle stands to prevent that problem.

A tire shop should be able to put these tires on a spin balance machine and spot your problem easily. Sometimes, a new tire can have a defective carcass, so that should be checked as well.

Farmer Jack

Reaction score
If this is the wrong section please move.
97 suburban just had the front end rebuilt maybe 6 months ago new tires on back(Goodyear duratracs) also just had a alignment
Then the vibration started starts at 65 then gets worse at 70 75 feels like the trucks going to fall apart around me. Had a friend that knows these trucks look at it. He said alignment was out but everything up front felt nice and tight also said it felt more like a tire the front tires are brand new but the truck sat on them(parked) for a year.
Ideas??
Check your drive line, the weights on the drive shaft corrode and fall off giving an out of balance that rattle teeth. Or if it is a 4X4 it could be the u joints in the shaft to front transfer case these spin at times even in 2X drive.