stupid questions about lowering parts/etc ECLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok, here goes...

looking around on summit, i think im going for a 2/4 on my 89 extended cab.

found their spindles. but im wondering who makes them (kinda worried that they may be rebranded AIM stuff)

also found what is billed as a 4.5 rear drop kit. a belltech 6503

im wondering with that if you actually get 4.5 of drop, or what. also, with the rear shackle/hangar setup, do you get a true 4 inches?

reason i ask is that i had been doing all my research for a 4/6. but after moving my brother today (enough crap to drop the rear wheelwells 4 inches, and yes i measured with a tapemeasure), i really liked where the back sat at the 4 icnh mark. just lower the front enough to level it.

what about bottoming with the 4 inch drop in the back? i hated hitting the bumpstops today, and hope not to do that unloaded. do the bumpstops that are included in the belltech kit gove you that much more travel so its not as much of a concern?

also, i know that my rear shocks are junk and will need to be replaced. would prefer to do this with airshocks for when im running loads, but how do they ride when unloaded on these trucks? i had some on my 70 duster back in the early 90's, and i remember that they sucked pretty bad. but this is a completely different vehicle.

im primarily worried about the ride comfort with this build, as well as the functionality of it being used as a work truck (i work two jobs. i teach furniture building, and run a buisness [re[aring track cars on the side. this truck WILL be used for both)

thanks
Michael

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking around on summit, i think im going for a 2/4 on my 89 extended cab.

found their spindles. but im wondering who makes them (kinda worried that they may be rebranded AIM stuff)

Don't worry. Summit is better than that. I'm not 100%, but I belive the Summit branded stuff is Ground Force, which is a good company. It might be BellTech. I'm not sure which, but I am 100% sure that it is NOT AIM junk, so no worries there.

im wondering with that if you actually get 4.5 of drop, or what. also, with the rear shackle/hangar setup, do you get a true 4 inches?

I can't speak for the hangers, but my BellTech shackles gave me 1.5" on both my '94 extended cab and on my '98 Suburban.

what about bottoming with the 4 inch drop in the back? i hated hitting the bumpstops today, and hope not to do that unloaded. do the bumpstops that are included in the belltech kit gove you that much more travel so its not as much of a concern?

When I had a 2/4, I would bottom the rear on the frame every now and then on really bad bumps, but not very often.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah the summit part's are good quality and not AIM junk, and also when my truck was 2-4 I never bottomed it out, even when loaded.