Strange symptoms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Lately I've had some weird problems with my truck that maybe someone could help me with. First is when you start her up from over night or so she puffs blue smoke when she first fires then it doesn't happen unless you stomp the pedal. Second is there is lots of moisture coming out of the exhaust, constantly. There is no check engine light on. Running headers with true duals and no cats.

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The blue smoke is oil burning. This can be caused by bad or stuck piston rings.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steam coming out of the exhaust constantly is a blown head gasket or cracked head, generally.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Steam coming out of the exhaust constantly is a blown head gasket or cracked head, generally.

Wouldn't that put antifreeze in the oil or vise versa? Cause both fluids are the colors they need to be

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Check your coolant reservoir once the engine is fully warmed up; look for a steady trail of bubbles coming into it. That's a pretty good indicator of blown head gasket(s) or cracked head(s) ... you can also use the chemical block test kit from the auto parts store; that'll tell you if there's combustion gases present in the cooling system.

Richard

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Condensation in the exhaust is usually a good sign your cat is working but it depends.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk