stock radio wiring. please helpp!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sjconner

Reaction score
Alright, so today i bought a 1993 ex cab Z71 4x4.
Everything works on the truck but the radio...
So I took it out and everything was unplugged.
The main radio harness and eq harness are unplugged. And ive looked everywhere for the location of where they go. But i cant find it anywhere..
Someone please help me figure this out.
And advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jake

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I had a module taken out down by the gas pedal when my CD player was installed. Can't post pics right now but it is just above the gas pedal

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wiring from the head unit and the equalizer goes to the brain for the head unit which is located under the dash behind the ashtray. It sounds like the previous owner had a aftermarket stereo installed, and re-installed the OEM head and EQ when he sold it. To be honest you would be best off buying an aftermarket head unit and installing that instead of trying to fix the OEM stereo. It not only will sound a lot better, but also have all the modern day features and look 10X better!

Sjconner

Reaction score
Yeah, I dont see a module.. I see clipped wires though..
I cant even figure witch wires are suppose to go where.. Idk how I'm gonna wire this an aftermarket radio.. I guess I may have to re run everything. I'm sure its simple to just re use these wires. I just don't see it. Lol

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
snap some pics once you have it all apart. i can help... ive been in the car audio/remote starter trade for about 12 years