Stock receiver wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ray Fiset

Reaction score
This is my first post here, I have used the forum to look up information on the last two trucks I have had and had pretty good luck but I cant seem to find anything on my current issue.

I am removing the stock audio system from my 94, Control head, Receiver and cassette deck, to install an aftermarket system. I have everything out and have a pretty good handle on the wiring I will need to use however there is one thing that has me baffled. I do have a wiring diagram from a Haynes manual.

Coming out of the plug in the receiver that goes to the control head is a separate white wire that connects to a green wire in the main dash harness with a black connector shown in the picture. What is the function of this wire, it's not on my wiring diagram.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Clock? Cause that would be separate since it needs to be hot all the time. My best guess anyway!

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 94 service manual can be downloaded here:

The only radio diagrams are these, maybe it’ll help. There are other schematics (not wiring diagrams) that show connector views and locations.

One possibility - they all show a wire to the data link connector.

Last edited:

Ray Fiset

Reaction score
Thanks east302.
I see the DLC connection, it shows DK GRN which is the color of the wire that the white wire in question connects to so could be a possibility. I'm going to check out the link you supplied for the manual and see if I can dig out any more info.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers from Vancouver Island