Stock exhaust size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know the stock exhuast size for a 97 c1500 from cat to muffer. Wanting to cut factory muffler off and bolt a aftermarket one and do a cheap hanger

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What engine?

If it has a V8, and if you've actually been under the truck, you would've seen that there are two ~1.75" head pipes that end at a 3 bolt flange. Then there's an O2 sensor just after the flange that needs to be used. Lastly, you'd have measured the spread of the two inlets to the muffler and found that its gonna be difficult finding anything but a restrictive stock replacement, especially if you're going cheap...

Good luck

Last edited:

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buy digital calipers -> know all the sizes of things.
What engine?

If it has a V8, and if you've actually been under the truck, you would've seen that there are two ~1.75" head pipes that end at a 3 bolt flange. Then there's an O2 sensor just after the flange that needs to be used. Lastly, you'd have measured the spread of the two inlets to the muffler and found that its gonna be difficult finding anything but a restrictive stock replacement, especially if you're going cheap...

Good luck

I have the 5.0 It's single in single out after the cat. It looks to be 2.25 but I wanna confirm.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cheap way of knowing is wrap a string around the pipe (Circumference) and measure the length of the string then divide by 3.14 and you'll have your Diameter.
I did this and got a litle over 3 inches

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score