Sticky throttle from take off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Alright I have had a pretty annoying issue with my truck since I got it with the throttle I have learned to deal with it but I would like to fix it. When stopped and you go to take off you have to kinda tap the pedal with your foot and really ease into it or it just jumps and takes off like your rawhiding on it. Now heres where it gets weird, it doesn't do it in park, during mid throttle, or even at just the throttle body. The cable is new and I have had 2 different throttle bodies on it and even had the pedal assembly apart and greased it real good.

I have heard of other guys with TBI trucks that had this problem and just dealt with it and heard of some that didnt do this at all. I know there has to be a fix to this. Anyone have any ideas?

1993 2wd
TBI 350/4L60E

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the accelerator pedal itself is hard to move, so that you can't gently ease into the throttle?

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Right, its only at the pedal that it acts like that if you move the throttle by hand at the throttle body it moves fine.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have something binding on the pedal then. Have you tried a different pedal assembly? May be worth a shot.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
That's my next step. I might just order a new one and hope that fixes it because thats about the only thing it could be I think.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know you said that you have tried different cables but if your throttle cable bracket were tweaked a bit then the plastic cover on the cable could be getting in a bind, a lot of people have had to cut that cover off.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my truck when I first bought it I changed the cable and took care of all that.