Sticky TBI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
This doesn't happen with a wet throttle body. The gas going thru keeps the blade clean.

I have actually come across this a few times. Oil from the draft tube to the air cleaner housing will deposit on the blades and cause it to bind up. They have been high mileage motors, but I have seen it happen.

kattlove71

Reaction score
I am also having a VERY HARD TIME WITH MINE .. SPRAYED WITH WD 40 NO HELP . getting a new cable to c if that works.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in what you discover. I have the same problem with mine but only when the engine is running and worse when you put it in gear.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in what you discover. I have the same problem with mine but only when the engine is running and worse when you put it in gear.
When the throttle plates are fully closed you get a vacuum trap beneath them that holds them tight against the wall. Sometimes adjusting the idle screw to open it ever so slightly will prevent this as long as it is within the scope of the IAC so that doesn't zero out on you. Check for wear in the throttle blade shaft too as these have quite strong springs that apply as a side load therefore wearing the Ali TBI body. The other problem is the tight s-bend the cable has to do to line up with the throttle linkage, if the cable has any internal drag it will be made worse by the tight curves in the outer cable.