Steering wheel interchange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What range of years and models of steering wheel can interchange on my '98? Keep in mind it's a 1 ton so there's no air bag to worry about. Are the 1/4 tons and minivans the same? What about Caddy's and buicks? I need a new steering wheel as a previous owner broke this one trying to fix the horn issue and I'm heading to the pick n pull in Edmonton on saturday. Thanks

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can tell you that the 95+ airbag wheel will interchange with the non air bag wheel out of a 1 ton, I have swapped several of them around, but I haven't done any other oem steering wheel swap's.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that an aftermarket wheel? I was thinking something that I could pick up at the PNP that would be a bolt on.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the OP's question is are the air bagged ones the same spline count & diameter as other older gm's.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is a 97 ... and the truck I got this wheel off of was a 92 ... matched perfectly to me, but I had to trim the cap piece ...

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is a 97 ... and the truck I got this wheel off of was a 92 ... matched perfectly to me, but I had to trim the cap piece ...
OK, the idea was if my '98 which doesn't have air bags because it's a one ton could interchange with other non airbag steering wheels, so that helps. It opens up a lot more opportunity to have compatible vehicles, maybe I'll even find an aftermarket one thats compatible.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
best of luck Sir ... Are you in the Military ?? Looking at your avitar ... I was a Crewchief on the F15E Strike Eagle in the USAF ...

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, I'm a Master Corporal (equivalent to Tech Sgt) in the RCAF, I work with F18's