Steering wheel break down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
I'm looking for a parts break down of a 1998 steering column. The plastic piece the horn trigger wire goes in broke and I want to see if I can repair it or how I'm going to replace it.
Thanks

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's thin plastic, you're better off replacing it. Get a steering wheel puller kit. There is a lot of moving parts behind the wheel. But you wouldn't need a diagram if your just changing that part out. Pull the wheel, compress the plate, remove the c clip, remove the plate, swap out horn plastic. Nothing will go flying if your only going that far in. There are lots of youtube videos on it as well.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Biggest trick on these is dealing with the airbag module. There's clips on the backside of the wheel that you have to turn properly to get it out. I agree, see YouTube for video instructions. There's also procedures to follow to keep the airbag from deploying while you're working on it or taking it apart. Please follow those!
If this is the 98 3500 truck though, it shouldn't have the airbag, so that'll make it easier....