Steering Wheel/Airbag colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimdaug

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wanting to do the steering wheel audio control mod and I'm still working my way through the big thread to see what all my options are, but in the mean time I really, really, want to get rid of the chewed up wheel with the Wal-mart cover that's in the truck now.

I grabbed this one on ebay for a decent price. I think it might have been from a Tahoe. Should match the gray interior nicely.

You must be registered for see images attach

My current Wheel and airbag are black or maybe dark gray (it's hard to tell). Would the airbag that this came out of match the wheel color? I don't really see any on ebay in anything other than black like mine. I guess I could dye it if it's wears on my OCD too bad, but it just got me curious what the OBS steering wheel options were.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are gray airbags out, I saw a couple today. I've got a set of controls and the rear trim cover for the wheel if you're interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

jimdaug

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That wheel I just bought is a 95-97 style.

Unless I misunderstand I would need the 98+ style with the smaller airbag for the controls to mount up. All the pictures I've seen with the Denali or S-series wheel have the smaller bag. I'm also having a hard time finding a clock spring.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will need a 98+ wheel to mount the controls. One of the other clockspring parts #'s listed in the thread was still available on one of the gm parts Websites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yup, as @Cokeman95 said, you need the '98 style airbag and steering wheel as they are not the same steering wheel, I'd give you mine (since I removed it) if I hadn't done surgery to it, lol.

jimdaug

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, thanks for the offer. I think I'm just going to swap the wheel out for now.

I want to dig into the dash when the weather warms back up so i'll just keep my eye out for parts in the meantime.

I'll have to go back through the thread and find the part number Cokeman95 mentioned also.