Steering knuckles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody make replacement steering knuckles? I really don't feel like pulling them off the parts truck.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or maybe I will and than I don't need to buy new hubs also and I can save quiet a bit of cash... hmmm..

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lmc has new knuckles for 4x4's and they run like $600 a piece. I got mine from a junkyard for $65 after the caliper bolt ear broke off.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah screw that. I have a parts truck but I didn't want to go through the hassle. Guess I have no choice. I heated up and used penetrating oil on the bolts that hold the hub to the knuckle and they stripped. The hub is shot and I needed to get it off. The hubs on the parts truck are perfect though so I guess I have my solution.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea just take off the caliper, then the upper lower ball joints and tie rod end and you're set. of course the axle nut too but you know what I mean, leave it altogether and swap it on as one piece.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea just take off the caliper, then the upper lower ball joints and tie rod end and you're set. of course the axle nut too but you know what I mean, leave it altogether and swap it on as one piece.

Nah I got new ball joints and tie rods since I'm lifting the truck. Already have it all sitting in my kitchen :D