Steering got stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RatherBeLucky

Reaction score
Let me try to describe this the best I can...I was at a stop sign at a "T" waiting to make a left. Traffic was on the heavy side, so when I got an opening I wasn't wasting any time! When I pulled out I was in the throttle pretty good and the wheel was turned sharply left. I felt and heard a "pop" of sorts and when I straightened the wheel the steering was hanging up when it was almost back to center. I gave it a hard pull to the right and felt another "pop" and it released. Now, it is noticeably stiffer turning right more than left. Doesn't pull but it concerns me. The upper/lower ball joints are new. Both CV shafts are new. The steering box and pump are new. Pitman arm is new. Passenger wheel bearing is new. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT TO CHECK?!

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Steering shaft starting to sieze. Not sure if this platform has that issue but alot of fords the ujoint will sieze, spray some pb blaster and they usually free up. Once again i havent looked at our steering shafts to see if they have a ujoint.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my F250 and truck pulled badly to right due to the tie rod end binding in the socket.

RatherBeLucky

Reaction score
Tomorrow will be an oil change (2800 miles on brand new crate 5.7!) and full grease job! That will at least eliminate this possibility (or correct it)!

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get under there with a helper turning the wheel back and forth.. see if anything is loose and or out of the ordinary...

sent from what use to be a great country...