Starter issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flandersander

Reaction score
Well I had a buddy come out, he works at an auto repair shop. He said it was running extremely rich. And that I should check my fuel pressure reg. One injector is pumping out a little more fuel than the other...

His rational is that it's getting so much fuel, it's flooding at idle, but when it revs up, it gets enough air to burn all that fuel. Sound right?

What could cause that?

flandersander

Reaction score
I think i may have found the source of my problems. I found this, unplugged. Should be simple, plug it back in, right? Problem is, I don't know what it's for. It's got heat reflective tape around it, and it's locking tab has broken, and it was "fixed" with high temp gasket maker. I was thinking 02 sensor, but the 02 sensor on the drivers side only has 1 pin, not 2. looks to me like it goes to the rear of the engine. What the heck could it be for?

You must be registered for see images attach

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
RTV FTW ;) j/k but just keep looking in the engine bay if they put sealer on it then the part it plugs into should also have that sealer on it somewhere. just look for red sealant. the wire is only so long so you know how close it is at least.

but as to the starter issue if it happens again i would replace it. that or get yourself one of those starter switches so you can manually start the truck with a trigger IF it is wiring problem.
i had plenty of starter problems on my old impala from dead spots in the motor to cracked housing and spacing problems with the motor not being cut down enough. took awhile to finally find the problems and then fix them! i had to take a new compact starter to a mill shop to have them cut it down alittle and its finally fixed. small problems can really be a PITA finding!

flandersander

Reaction score
I can't find it to save my life. Thought it was for the rear of the engine, but couldn't find any plugs back there...

flandersander

Reaction score
Still looking... Here's a video, maybe somebody can help me locate it... I feel so stupid. Lol

You must be registered for see images