Stand alone fuel system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ksniem

Reaction score
What’s up guys,

Looking for some insight, been wanting to swap my injection setup on my 97, either using a throttle body kit like a fitech or start with a carb (seeing as I have a few new ones laying around the garage) and was curious if anyone knew anything about maintaining the factory ignition setup or is it a must to switch to a vacuum advance style distributor? Also continuing to use the factory computer for transmission operation, would a tps sensor for a carb work? I’ve read quite a few threads about people doing these kind of conversions, and all have switched distributors, and gotten a new controller for the transmission. The intake needs to be replaced, it has a pin hole underneath the thermostat housing and trickles coolant from time to time, so the jb weld is just a bandaid and I’m not the biggest fan of these spider systems to begin with. Any input would be great, thanks folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Bang for the buck just isn't there. Gonna spend a lot of money to still be slow if the intake and injectors is all you change.

Ksniem

Reaction score
Bang for the buck just isn't there. Gonna spend a lot of money to still be slow if the intake and injectors is all you change.
It’s got a 350 bored .030, I put about 20k on it so far so it isn’t stock, cam, some head work, nothing to crazy i still need some functional use out of it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can do the updated spider for reliability. There's a plenum spacer that's supposed to help the air flow around the spider better too. There's also the marine intake. .030 over means nothing in terms of performance. Not much to be gained with head work either. What kind of cam did you go with?

Ksniem

Reaction score
You can do the updated spider for reliability. There's a plenum spacer that's supposed to help the air flow around the spider better too. There's also the marine intake. .030 over means nothing in terms of performance. Not much to be gained with head work either. What kind of cam did you go with?
Like I said, it’s nothing crazy, just was time for a new motor and I had this short block I ended up not using, so it found a home. It’s a comp 268h, so far it’s been what I wanted for a truck, nice idle, smooth powerband. The blocks an 85 so I just went with a tapper instead of roller.

Ksniem

Reaction score
Like I said, it’s nothing crazy, just was time for a new motor and I had this short block I ended up not using, so it found a home. It’s a comp 268h, so far it’s been what I wanted for a truck, nice idle, smooth powerband. The blocks an 85 so I just went with a tapper instead of roller.

I’m not to big of a fan of spacers like that, and it is the upgraded spider. I’d rather take that money and put it towards a new setup instead of the same old junk. I look for marine intakes but haven’t found any, that was my original path, was just looking for some info on a complete stand alone system.

Ksniem

Reaction score
Haven’t given it much consideration no. For the right price I wouldn’t be against it