Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
as is my custom....i was perusing the net for stuff that interests me....i found the 5 3/4" Cibie e-codes on ebay and made a post in the "classifieds" forum for anyone that may want these to upgrade an older vehicle.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/cibie-e-codes-e-bay.36831/

if you start to shop for them you'll find that they cost around $80 each IF you can find them....and well worth it in my opinion.
the last two adds on evil-bay had these same low beam lights for $180! they're still on there.

another source for them is Daniel Stern....he offers them in a variety for different applications.....and he has other options that aren't advertised either.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

candlepower is another: http://store.candlepower.com/534inhe1.html (notice that they're legal in the US for motorcycles)

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
ok.....after pondering for a day on my posting, i pulled the trigger myself......twas a good deal on a full set that i didn't want to pass up.....and they sure wouldn't go to waste with all the Harley's that are in my life......my friend just bought an '82 FLT Tour Glide....which is the great grandmother to the now popular FLTR Road Glide...blabal, i won't go into bikes now....so anyway.

You must be registered for see images attach

the low beams also come with the "city light" option.....which can be wired up as a DRL. i'm sure someone can just daisy chain that off the parking lamp circuit.......easy peasy.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i also bought the 6" Daylighters too, in the #634 variety. black housing 130w "spread beam" pattern:
http://www.kchilites.com/industry/classic-retro-lights/6-daylighter-halogen-pair-pack-system.html
they'll blend in nice with my black Warn Trans4ormer grill guard setup.

i bought a "used" set from Amazon, a damaged box set for $127. has full "new" warranty and such......i'll use the harness temporarily for my fogs until i can build my relay box and switch panel for all my auxiliary lights. those switches will eventually go into the overhead console i had bought. the fog light switches i just got will be used for the fogs and for these lamps.

i said i was getting em "just because", so i did..:boxing:...and i'll get to try out that "driving" lens to see just what it does.....i couldn't find a good video of the pattern, just reviews that were very inconsistent and "brand loyal". i sure wasn't in need of a spot lens to see 5 miles away.....

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
KC, Cepek and all the others that make this style housing state their bulb housing as a 6" unit......gotta go back to them for their special "propriety" lense!

it's really a 5 3/4" lamp held in a rubber isolator......instant great quality auxiliary headlights!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
while i was obsessed with the Bosch quad setup, it wasn't possible because you can't get the low beams in ANY store......someone would have to have a set "secreted"away for that to become a reality

****cough cough**** 88GMCtruck

these 5 3/4's will actually provide a better pattern.....as they're bigger.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
now.......truth is i'm not looking to do this right away. i still have to test the system we just built, but from what i've seen in my limited driving in the "glow in the dark" city, they work real nice.....i don't think i'll be needing auxiliary headlights, but it's nice to know there is another option to our ****** stock setup.

at this point i'll probably stay with the KC lenses for "offroad" lights up front.....just because i'v had a set on every truck i've ever owned. something to the fu@kin smiley face cover i think, LMAO

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
okay.... when i get my horizontals set up on my "new" bumper.... we will have a 'light off'. i will show off mine... if you will show off yours....

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
ok.....the e-bay sleigh showed today......more lighting stuff for the garage....my brain cell is jammed fu@ked with lighting thoughts.

i don't think i ever mentioned that i want a 2wd '96-'98..... 4.3 0r 5.0, 5 speed truck......when i move upstate i'll probably need another project......maybe a 2wd square body blazer with a 4.8, 5 speed swap......

i sure have enough bikes to ride.....

my boss called me today asking if i was coming back to work....haha....we worked together in 2113, when that ****** lady rear ended me and almost took me off the count.......he knows i won't "retire".....who else get's thier big toe chopped off on a thursday and is back to work on monday? LOL

oh yea, sometime soon i have to swap a new Baker 4 speed and Street Performance clutch into my '84 softail......oh woe is me.....i may be able to ride again in three months.....and i have a shovel motor to finish and swap THAT into her while i rebuild the '84 mill......she has a hard 130K on the bottom end too. same with that transmission that's in her now.......i get rebuilt, now the sled needs some TLC.

Last edited:

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
want to see pics of the booty! (parts)
i once almost chopped off my thumb: