Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
now this kit shows how i want my system to work.....not sure where i'll be getting it yet.....but a 3 position switch is what i want.
https://buypainless.com/collections/battery-charging/products/40103?lshst=collection

of course i'll be running 2G welding wire to the boxes in the rear and front to connect the winch to....something like this
https://www.warn.com/truck/accessories/quick_connect_all.jsp

and these work great too...all our tow trucks used a similar setup.......easy and effective, non-intrusive too.
https://www.warn.com/truck/accessories/quick_connect_cables.jsp

Last edited:

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fyi those quick connect fittings are used for forklifts. I was told that's where they started, you can find better prices looking that way sometimes.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
this just showed up yesterday.....found it on e-bay
You must be registered for see images attach

there's no such this as a "pick and pull" in NYC......and i only saw this one so i snagged it.

the two fog light switches from forum members are on their way too......now i have this project to ponder. :Stupid Me:
Fog lights switch won't fit in the top opening without cutting the hole larger... FYI

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Fog lights switch won't fit in the top opening without cutting the hole larger... FYI

yes sir i saw....but when i'm done i think it will be a nice clean setup. Michael showed me a different airbag switch, i think from an astro van, that i can move to another area......i have a use for the 2 blank plate just right of the steering wheel.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Fyi those quick connect fittings are used for forklifts. I was told that's where they started, you can find better prices looking that way sometimes.

oh yea no doubt.....thanks.
the picture was just to show how i wanted the setup to work.

these are similar to the units we got from WeldBuilt for our wreckers

You must be registered for see images

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from

i dig the dual terminals....gives options for down the road. will make it easier to do dual batteries too. when i get set up for the winch i'll be using a seperate dual battery system that will give me options as to how i want to use the batteries.....two of these Odysseys will provide more than adequate power to operate a good winch without issue.

Whoa, hubba-hubba, I'm digging the AGM batt. If anyone else comes across here, there is an Interstate with dual terminals in our Group 78 size. MTP-78DT I have it and it's been the usual great Interstate product. They've got a new AGM one that I'd love to try but mine works and $$$$$$$$$$$

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Whoa, hubba-hubba, I'm digging the AGM batt. If anyone else comes across here, there is an Interstate with dual terminals in our Group 78 size. MTP-78DT I have it and it's been the usual great Interstate product. They've got a new AGM one that I'd love to try but mine works and $$$$$$$$$$$

i generally have no issue with Interstate.....they do have some good products. i just went with what i'm most comfortable using as i know these Odysseys are top shelf.....and there's no doubt in my mind. i just took an Interstate out. i would have been happy to keep it, but it's died 3 times since i've owned the truck, there's not much reserve to this one.

i'm going to go check out the one you have.