Sputtering problem solved and now i need some assistance.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem turns out that my fuel pressure regulator is shot. Hooked up a gauge, turn key on and crank im at 58 psi idle holds at 58psi but I shut it off and it drops to 20 psi in only a minute. Knowing I need a regulator and the work involved in swapping that, i'm trying to figure out what else I should replace. Should I upgrade my spider injection assembly? replace upper and lower intake gaskets with felpro's? I figure if im already that far in I might as well replace anything that could need it in the future.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do the spider while your in there it comes with the pressure regulator on it and if you take your time you dont have to remove the distributor,you can weasel the top of the intake housing by it with a little patience that way you dont have to have it retimed

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
If you do decide to replace the spider I highly recommend the upgrade Delphi,I replaced the spider on wifey's burb two years ago and it's still going strong.I replaced the ''o'' ring type gasket on the plenum but I've heard it's not necessary if the old one is still in good condition.My write-up isn't the best and there are many out there that are better but at least it will give you and idea of what is involved.

http://www.truckmodcentral.com/forums/f36/well-ill-damned-wifeys-burb-alive-how-kind-18288/

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright. Thanks a lot guys for the input and help

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well now on top of the regulator problem my truck has seem to develop a charging issue. At idle my battery is at 14.5 volts, driving with less than half throttle accelerating it stays at 14.5 volts, however when I give it more than half throttle the volt gauge drops right down to 9 volts lights etc start dimming it starts running bad etc. I removed the alternator and took it to oreillys and had it tested. Did 3 tests and it passed all 3. Any ideas with this problem? Possible grounds? This truck is driving me nuts after 6 yrs and im about had it.