spider question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jessezipper

Reaction score
swapped the plug and wire to rule them out.. how hard is it to pull the injector out to swap em

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swapped the plug and wire to rule them out.. how hard is it to pull the injector out to swap em

Pull the spider out of the intake, flip it over. Remove the two nuts in the retainer plate and remove the plate. Carefully, carefully remove the number 5 injector from the housing and switch it with number 7. Easier to do that since both lines are already bent in a similar way. If the misfire moves, the injector is the issue. May also be a good time to check both connectors and make sure you didn't bend a pin when you were installing it before.

Also, a drop of blue loctite on the studs on the bottom of the injector housing will ensure that they don't back off, since nylock nuts are generally one time use.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jessezipper

Reaction score
ok so, i moved the fuel injector for cylinder 5 to cylinder 7, no more misfire on 5, misfire on 7 now, so that injector is bad... can i just replace that one injector? how hard is it? i just swapped em at the intake not the housing..