"Speed Wire" is awesome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I was looking for some multi-wired cable to install my compass/temp mirror and found this stuff. I guess it's for audio mostly. It has 9 separate 18ga wires all within the cable. It's pretty pliable and easy to work with.

You must be registered for see images attach

I ran it up through this square hole and fished it over so that it came out and ran down the A-pillar and then fished it down to below the dash. I connected all of the wires for the mirror and the two additional wires that I'm holding are for a homelink module that I installed in the headliner.

Then I used some aluminum tape to hold it in place. Mostly just to prevent any noise from rattling.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for a homelink module that I installed in the headliner.

You mean like this:

I did this when I first bought my truck, but I ended up getting an oem overhead console with the oem homelink transmitter, so I'll be changing it soon.

Does your truck have an overhead console in it? I see the openings are there for it in the sheetmetal. I know the older trucks (my 1990 K1500) did not have these openings.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You mean like this:

I did this when I first bought my truck, but I ended up getting an oem overhead console with the oem homelink transmitter, so I'll be changing it soon.

Does your truck have an overhead console in it? I see the openings are there for it in the sheetmetal. I know the older trucks (my 1990 K1500) did not have these openings.

I debated back and forth about doing the overhead console with the built in Homelink, but in the end I decided that I wouldn't use the cubby hole things and I really didn't want it. The lights were the only part that gave me any intrique whatsoever about it so opted to just put in the HL buttons. I have the exact same one in the exact same spot as yours. Works great!

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made the mistake in my 454Ss about getting a later drivers side visor (thicker than the 1990 original) and having a homelink installed like an OEM chrysler that I got it from. I did it a bunch of years ago and didn't know there were 2 different styles (with and without the little house). Then I upgrade one of my garage door openers and found my homelink without a little house doesn't work with the new opener. I ain't going thru the trouble to fix it (have visor restitched again). Unfortunately it is the side that I keep my SS in, so there is a remote just clipped to the visor too.

I'll eventually repaint this bezel and put it in my SS in this same place.